Lodging for the 2019 GL EXPO will open January 15, 2019
It has come to our attention that a company called Event Travel Planners is inaccurately representing itself as the Great Lakes EXPO "housing vendor" and is contacting Great Lakes EXPO exhibitors and attendees, soliciting business. Specifically, they will offer to make hotel reservations for the Great Lakes EXPO on your behalf.
The Great Lakes EXPO is NOT utilizing the services of ANY housing service. Please DO NOT make your hotel reservations through Event Travel Planners or any other company offering to make you a hotel reservation. If you provide your credit card information to any of these unauthorized vendors, your card may be charged but you may not have a reservation when you arrive in Grand Rapids.
If you have any questions about the Great Lakes EXPO hotel block, please contact Brandy McCallum, Convention Services Manager at Experience Grand Rapids, at 800-678-9859 or email email@example.com
We recommend the hotels of the Amway Hotel Collection for your lodging needs. The EXPO books nearly all the rooms in the Amway Grand Plaza and has large room blocks at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown and the JW Marriott.
Convention room rate information for the hotels of the Amway Hotel Collection (mention group code GREAT LAKES EXPO):
- Reservations that include Tuesday evening will require a 2 night minimum stay.
- A $50 early departure fee will be assessed for early departures at the Amway Grand Plaza.
- Room cancellations at the Amway Grand Plaza, Courtyard by Marriott Downtown, and JW Marriott: The hotel will charge one night’s lodging for each room canceled after November 8, 2019
- Amway Grand Plaza (connects to DeVos Place Convention Center through an enclosed walkway): 187 Monroe Avenue NW (auto lobby entrance is on Pearl Street), Grand Rapids 49503; 800-253-3590, 616-774-2000;
- Courtyard by Marriott Downtown (connects to DeVos Place Convention Center through an enclosed walkway); 11 Monroe Avenue NW, Grand Rapids 49503; 877-901-6632, 616-242-6000; convention room rate is $131.00 for up to four persons. $10 per day self-parking.
- JW Marriott (connects to DeVos Place Convention Center through an enclosed walkway); 235 Louis Street NW, Grand Rapids 49503; 877-901-6632, 616-242-1500; convention room rate is $189.00 for up to four persons. $10 per day self-parking.
- Make reservations by calling any of the above hotels directly and asking for the GREAT LAKES EXPO convention room rate. Or by clicking on the following link for online reservations. Click here
Other hotels offering special rates:
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown 310 Pearl St. NW, Grand Rapids 49504; 1-877-666-3243, 616-235-7611; convention room rate is $136.00/$146.00 for up to 4 persons. Mention group code GREAT LAKES EXPO or by clicking on the link for reservations.
For a complete list of area hotels, call Experience Grand Rapids at 800-678-9859 or go to its website at www.experiencegr.com.