- US-131 Northbound (arriving from the South): Take Exit 85B (Pearl Street). Turn right onto Pearl Street at the light. Take Pearl Street through the next stop light and over the river to downtown.
- US-131 Southbound (arriving from the North): Take Exit 85B (Pearl Street). Turn left onto Pearl Street at the light. Go under expressway, through 2 stop lights and over the river to downtown.
- From I-96 Westbound (from Lansing/Detroit): Follow I-96 West to the Grand Rapids area. Take I-196 West (also called the Gerald R. Ford Freeway) to downtown Grand Rapids. Take Exit 77 C (Ottawa Avenue) to downtown.
- From Chicago/Indiana via I-94 East: Take I-94 to I-196 North/East to Grand Rapids. Continue on I-196 (also called the Gerald R. Ford Freeway) to downtown Grand Rapids. Take exit 77C (Ottawa Avenue) to downtown.
- From Holland via I-196 East: Take I-196 East to Grand Rapids. Continue on I-196 (also called the Gerald R. Ford Freeway) to downtown Grand Rapids. Take exit 77C (Ottawa Avenue) to downtown.
The most convenient parking areas are underneath DeVos Place Convention Center and across the street from DeVos Place Convention Center on Monroe Avenue at the Government Center Ramp, but these areas fill very early in the day. Therefore, we have made a special parking arrangement for the 2016 Great Lakes EXPO!
FREE PARKING AND FREE SHUTTLE FOR GREAT LAKES EXPO ATTENDEES
To help attendees with the cost of parking, the Great Lakes Expo will offer FREE parking in Dash Shuttle Lot-Area #9 (letter K on the map) for attendees with a free shuttle to/from DeVos Place. A dedicated DASH shuttle bus will run every 10 minutes from Dash Shuttle Lot - Area #9, located at 250 Seward NW (just a few blocks over the river), to the front of DeVos Place.
- Monday: December 5: 8:30am-6:30pm
- Tuesday, December 6: 7:00am-5:30pm
- Wednesday, December 7: 7:00am-5:30pm
- Thursday, December 8: 7:00am-4:30pm
A standard size car or pick-up truck can access the gate into Area Lot #9 without any issues. Vehicles with trailers are permitted to park in the lot (as long as they can enter the lot with no damages). All vehicles will need to use the NORTH entrance. Look for the Great Lakes Expo sign by the Dash Area Lot #9. Free overnight parking is also allowed in Area Lot #9. Click here for a map and driving directions to Area Lot #9.
For ALTERNATE, fee based Grand Rapids downtown parking, click here for a map with parking lots identified.
Great Lakes Expo directional parking signs will be nearby to help direct you to Area Lot #9. Please look for the signs. Questions? Contact Andie Newcomer at Experience Grand Rapids at 616-460-0564.
FlyingGerald R. Ford International Airport, located about 20 minutes southeast of downtown, serves Grand Rapids. None of the downtown hotels operate airport shuttles. Metro Cab (616-827-6500) offers curbside service available outside Door 4 at the airport. The fare to downtown Grand Rapids is approximately $35 one way. Town car service is also available at an additional charge. See the Metro Cab dispatcher at Door 4 for details.